We’re hiring! Spotted Yeti Media is looking to add an Editor position to our postproduction department. This is a full-time and salaried position. If you think you’ve got what it takes, please send us your resume and demo reel (or video samples). Bonus points if you have a talent for badminton or excel at trivia for our quarterly team competitions.
Job Title: Editor
Main Skills: Video editing, creative storytelling, motion graphics, and technical software knowledge
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Edit videos from beginning through polished delivery. This includes creating visually engaging storytelling pieces, scripting interview-based productions, and branding new content for our clients.
- Execute high-quality motion graphics and visual designs.
- Ability to color grade and stylize footage.
- Basic audio editing.
- Maintain edit station, update software, and recommend new tools to keep current with industry trends.
- Manage media files.
- Provide video technical knowledge by helping to educate team members and troubleshoot problems.
- Participate in creative discussions and contribute to team brainstorming sessions for new video concepts.
- Contribute to the development of video strategies and research video trends.
- Occasionally crew video shoots.
- 2-8 years of production experience.
- A portfolio of work done as an editor.
- A strong sense of storytelling and the ability to identify new and creative ways to approach how we tell stories through video.
- Strong client and employee relationship skills.
- Ability to maintain multiple projects at once and work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Fluent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite. Must be well versed in Premiere and After Effects.
- General knowledge of operating video equipment.
- Ability to transport and lift heavy production equipment if necessary.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field.
Employees are expected to work at minimum a 40-hour workweek. Some nights, early mornings, or weekends are required due to project deadlines or production shoots. Our typical operating hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm, however a flexible work schedule is negotiable.
Resumes and portfolio samples should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.